America Honors the HS Class of 2020 and Parent Views on Distance Learning
Parent Views on Distance Learning
The Education Trust-Midwest is surveying Michigan parents to better understand what is working, what is not working, and what parents and students need when it comes to distance and online learning. The information shared by parents will help inform Michigan educators and policymakers, and is critical to understanding how school closures are impacting student learning at home.
Please take 7 minutes to complete the survey and share with your network!
Graduate Together: America Honors the High School Class of 2020
As coronavirus has prompted the cancellation of high school graduation ceremonies across the country, The Entertainment Industry Foundation, The LeBron James Family Foundation, XQ Institute, and a broad coalition of partners are coming together to pay tribute to millions of high school seniors, their extraordinary teachers, and their families, as rally everyone around a message of hope and unity.
Graduate Together: America Honors the Class of 2020 will air simultaneously across ABC, CBS, FOX, and NBC, as well as a broad alliance of social media and streaming platforms. The one-hour primetime special airs on Saturday, May 16 at 8:00 p.m., and will honor the more than 3 million high school seniors across the country.
Artists, athletes, musicians, commencement speakers, influencers, and cultural icons will show their support with performances and messages featuring students, teachers, and their families from coast to coast.
This will be a moment to come together—as one nation—to applaud this rite of passage. We hope you’ll join us in celebrating the Class of 2020’s achievements.
All of us been coping with this crisis together. Now it’s time to look ahead together. Let’s start by celebrating the graduates of the Class of 2020 and the pivotal role they will play in rethinking and reshaping the path forward.
STATE BOARD OF EDUCATION will meet virtually today, May 12, beginning at 9:30 by webcast. Click here for webcast information. The agenda includes educational updates related to COVID-19.
- 2 former US education chiefs: In lawsuit, Gov. Whitmer should do what’s best for kids – Arne Duncan & John B. King, Jr, Detroit Free Press
- GOP leader: Up to 25 percent cuts to Michigan schools from coronavirus – Ron French, Bridge Magazine
- Low-income technical education students eligible for food assistance – Charles E. Ramirez, The Detroit News
- ‘Settle it.’ With the clock ticking, education advocates push Gov. Whitmer to end the Detroit literacy lawsuit – Koby Levin, Chalkbeat Detroit
- A looming issue for schools: Teachers with health worries who can’t or won’t go back – Kalyn Belsha, Chalkbeat