Mich. Ed. Roundup – November 21
Ensuring that Every Michigan Student has Access to a High-Quality Education
Take Action! Oppose Test Changes
Over the past few weeks, hundreds of letters have been sent to State Superintendent Brian Whiston and Governor Rick Snyder, opposing disruptive changes to the end-of-year assessment, the M-STEP. If you haven’t already raised your voice, there is still time.
Click here to send a letter to Governor Snyder and State Superintendent Whiston telling them that our students and teachers need stability in the classroom and parents deserve honest data on how well our schools are serving our students. Thank you to everyone who has already sent a letter opposing these harmful changes.
- Chicago Schools Lead Country in Academic Growth, Study Finds – Sarah D. Sparks, Education Week
- State Board of Education deadlocked over gun bills – Cheyna Roth, Michigan Radio
- Mich. Schools move to reduce suspensions, expulsions – Jennifer Chambers, The Detroit News
- A child’s background impacts learning – Karen Holcomb-Merrill, The Detroit News
- Editorial: Examining the crisis in Michigan’s schools – The Detroit News